Well, it sure has been a while since I’ve posted. I have that terrible habit, of course – I get so involved in Doing Other Things that I neglect the ol’ blog in-between. Apologies. Won’t happen again. (Yes it will.)
Now while I love doing what I’m good at, I wanted to take a break from not posting to share what I’ve been working on:
PanicPress – A WordPress plugin that adds a critical extra layer of security on top of your blog. The moment an attacker tries to access your WordPress administration section, you get a warning text.
But let’s take that one step further – reply to that text with one of your own reading “panic”, and the entire administration section will shut down with a convincing-looking PHP error, giving you the time necessary to find out and fix what’s broken. Once you’ve solved your problem, texting “safe” will restore the administration section and let you get back to posting uninterrupted.
I’m nearly ready to launch the site – about 90% or so. But as they say, the first 90% takes 90% of the time. The last 10% takes the other 90% of the time. I expect to launch with a Minimum Viable Product within a week or two.
If you’re interested in hearing about the launch on Day One, hit the Sign Up page anyway! I’m collecting email addresses from interested parties, and the moment I finish putting the site live for real, I’ll send an email out to everyone on that list. (And after that, I’ll discard that list forever, so please don’t worry about spam on my behalf!)
In the meantime, if you wouldn’t mind visiting the site and clicking the little “Like” button up in the corner, oh and if you could go and like this Facebook page too, that would be a real help. Anything you can do to spread the word!